29 June 2009

DINOSAUR JR - FARM

I'm so goddamn glad this band put aside their issues, got back together, and started cranking out new albums. For my money, I like Farm even more than Beyond, their previous post-reunion album, even though that one was a firm but gentle rocker for the ages as well.

What can I possibly say about this band. They were one of the first bands I saw in DC, and they were certainly and absolutely (at the time) the loudest band I'd ever seen. I nearly vomited with joy at the sight of J Mascis' three Marshall stacks. For me, Dinosaur Jr have always brought the funk, and so as soon as I get paid (I believe it was supposed to be today. Anyone from my office, if you are reading this, yes I am doing this on company time, but then again...money, please!) I'm gonna get this new green beast on vinyl.

Just look at that album cover! I won't settle for anything smaller than 12".

No comments: