26 October 2008

SIX ORGANS OF ADMITTANCE


Every year, when the Fall rolls around, just betwixt the Moon When the Deer Paw the Earth and the Moon of Popping Trees, my brain stops running circles around itself and I find myself listening to Six Organs of Admittance. Generally, Six Organs is a guy named Ben Chasny and kind of reminds me of a Volcano-Rim Sacrifice, or a Dying Sun-Core Revolution, or maybe a Blood Red Lighthouse or an Energy Beacon atop the Pyramid of Cheops. Then there are the songs that are so deeply intimate, just Chasny and his guitar, that they drive you to make music, or at least in my case, to pine for musical prowess. Every single one of this guy's albums is worth checking out, as are all the bands he's involved with (Current 93, Comets On Fire, August Born). Collect all his split-7"s and CD-R albums. Brew yourself a very very strong cup of tea, put Six Organs in your headphones, and watch the universe draw up her veil.

13 comments:

PMom said...

Oh Dear, I have my work cut out for me......I don't even know any musicians/bands that you are writing about....where do I start?

But you make me intriqued to listen.......

MLP

Lia Poin said...

I like Mom's spelling

LAudaP said...

ME TOO!!! Mom, thanks for being the first person to post on all my blogs. Lia, thanks for being there to make fun of Mom.

Mom--check out Six Organs! I think his album "School of the Flower" is the best place to start. I think you'll like it a lots.

Sherri said...

I feel the same way as pmom except I AM intrigued. Lia, you are too funny. Great picture Loren!

LAudaP said...

Thanks Auntie Sherri!! This is like a family reunion!

PMom said...

All right, all right.........If you spent as much time as I did on Sat listening to Latin/Salsa/International music as I did while I was being certified to teach Zumba (never mind the SEVEN hours out of 9 hours that this 55 year old was dancing), you'd be spelling with "(q)s, too!!!

Now, back to the music...thank you Loren, I will start with 6 Organs....Now, I have to read more.....Love, PMom

PMom said...

No need to make fun of me and tell me I wrote words twice...I just read it.....

I think I'll go to bed now.

PMom

LAudaP said...

Poor Mom! but i mean, how many other people can say, "Yes I am certified to teach something called Zumba."??

Not many.

LAudaP said...

OK people, there's another post now. Read that one!!!!

PMom said...

Ok, I listened.......to the CD..... some commenter I am, I can't rememebr the name, The Sun something. I liked it. The music was really nice, very relaxing. I am not sure about the lyrics, wasn't able to hear them on the short blurbs they let you listen to. But the names: Torn By Wolves, Bless Your Blood, Wolve's Pup....what's up with that? How can nice music have such scary names? The Blogger needs to fill me in on the metaphors....But I will say, I would like to listen to the whole thing. Loren, please make me a CD, and I'll make you one of the Elbows. Love, Mom

LAudaP said...

ya! glad you liked it. I dont know what to tell you about why the words are scary but the music is beautiful...personally i think it all (scariness and beauty) fits under the category of "awesome" for me. i'll burn you "School of the Flower"--that's the one that got me hooked.

LAudaP said...

Also, Wolves pups aren't scary!! they're totally cute.

PMom said...

Unless they bite you......