22 January 2009

PEPSI BOYCOTT BEGINS NOW

Has anyone else seen this damn commercial? I suppose it can be considered whining, but one thing I can't help but be petulant about is multinational corporations and insurance companies using rock music to sell their dirty, overpriced, blood-drenched poison-merchandise. Do whatever else you want in your commercials: list your drug's lethal side effects really fast, cast Howie Mandell in them...fuck, you can rip off Wes Anderson's indie sensibility for all I care! But one thing I will not stand for is wielding the power of ROCK for twisted, ill deeds. Fuck you, Pepsi. Fuck you, advertising world. Respect the power of rock. Face facts, people: you will never be as important and vital as this: 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real.

Anonymous said...

What! The Who sell out?

You know, after the 3rd CSI theme song, pretty much everything was up for grabs. It's pretty lame, but any excuse to hear John's base solo again....

LAudaP said...

True, true and more true. I try to have that attitude most of the time. But TV just makes me mad and these posts come out! Plus, I'd much, MUCH rather see Roger Daltrey sloshing around in a bathtub full of Heinz Baked Beans than...a bathtub full of Pepsi? I don't know where I was going with that....

Anonymous said...

irrascible ex-uber-ance, my son.

Mistra Know-it-all

Anonymous said...

Because of this blog entry, plus a few songs I've heard lately, I've been inspired to create a playlist of songs defined by their bass-lines or their bass-playing, and it's coming along AWESOMELY!
I'll have to send the CD to you when it's done

LAudaP said...

That sounds awesome. Definitely let me in on that.